Friday, August 27, 2021

Ted Lasso, S2E6: The Signal

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

In a previous episode they mentioned money troubles - so how can they afford Coach Roy Kent, who surely would command a huge salary?

The “your mum’s your cleaner?” line by Hunky Luca was dynamite.

Is talking about something like guardian angels a thing on dating apps? Wtf? Are these monsters searching for love?

GREAT callback showing the real Laughing Liam doing his lunatic laugh!

Does anyone believe a man with Colin’s body could be a Premier League caliber player? Or a grown person?

Diamonds Dogs mount up! Roy’s line returning to the office is gold, Jerry, gold!

Episode written by Roy Kent!

“And that is the last time I gave a best man speech.” YES.

Is Higgins choking for no reason a thing now? Or, like finding my soul mate or a reason to live, did I miss it?

“I’m a voracious book-on-tape listener” is a curious bragging point.

Ted’s line about moms as instruction manuals woulda been funnier if they cut out the “nuts” part.

“I’m allergic to horses and radishes” = gold, Jerry, gold!

Jamie’s “I don’t know how to talk to you” was great but would been funnier if Beard didn’t respond at all.

“Until I’m murdered” + Rebecca’s reaction = gold, Jerry, gold!

If you’re starting a list of Ted Lasso spinoffs (and I am...) you may start with the three bar guys…who somehow can all be at a pub in the middle of a weekday  drinking.

HOW MANY SANDWICHES CAN BEARD EAT AT ONE SITTING??

A LA BEARD’S JANE: I dated a woman who was proud to tell anyone who’d listen about rebuffing an underwear model once So.

More Jamie/Roy scenes please!

Doesn’t the new “Jamie Tartt ballhog routine” totally wipe out Ted’s whole “make the extra pass” mantra?

Which makes us wonder…between that & their sudden turnaround once Roy Kent begins coaching, is Ted Lasso a shitty coach?

There’s no way Brett Goldstein actually walks like Roy fucking Kent.

Nothing would terrify me more than someone saying, “and then you and I can have a proper chat”.

Unless a snake said it to me.

Love how when Ted gives Jamie “the signal” he also is compelled to do a thumbs-up with the other hand.

How’d Jamie make that shot? Is the goaltender in a wheelchair? Or me?

More proof Ted may be a shitty coach: he apparently has a player who can will a goal at any moment and yet hasn’t taken advantage of it until Roy Kent tells him to. Hmmm.

Hannah Waddingham can rock a damn hat for sure.

Doesn’t her “never interfere” thing with Higgins go against her anger at him for not telling her about Rupert cheating on her? IS NOTHING ON THIS SHOW EVER FUCKING SACRED???!?! IS THIS SHOW WRITTEN BY GOLDFISH???!

“Is there a GOOD fish pie?” seems like a legit question to me.

GOAL: work “park the bus” in everyday conversation.

WTF would Dani Rojas ever have to come out during a critical moment of an important game?

Does nobody on this team know how hashtags work?


Nate’s look into the camera was dynamite.

Before this episode I don’t really remember Beard and Higgins connecting in any way, but his “fuck your handshake/let’s hug” thing got me.

Of COURSE Beard would have a girlfriend who can’t keep her hands off his ass.

At some point we are going to have to admit the fact that yes, it IS weird that this guy is now on Year #2 of living 3,000 miles away from his kid, right?

I love Sam, but I have no interest in a Sam & Rebecca romance. Except for this, of course.

The acting with just their faces by Ted & the doc is pretty tremendous. Will next week be a bottle episode with just the two of them?

I'm putting the odds of this becoming a "Bushwick indie album cover" meme at 100%:

No comments: