Monday, December 20, 2021

Curb: Hot Take!

As someone who has always LOVED LOVED LOVED the show, it's with a heavy heart I must say that this season of Curb Your Enthusiasm has BY FAR been its most disappointing. I don't know if it's the extra time HBO gives Larry - scenes now seem to go on and on, whereas in the past they would snap along quickly. I've actually found myself distracted, spending chunks of minutes not even realizing I wasn't paying attention, which has never happened before during Curb. But with only one episode left, I feel like instead of making the episodes good/funny, Larry has been dancing on lasers trying to weave along some magical web of his famously formulaic "all the story lines come together in the end", hoping for a 30-second scene in the finale meant to pay off an entire season of....not so much.

No comments: