Tuesday, December 21, 2021

It Ain't Christmas if There Ain't No Snow

Unlike some years, I feel pretty good about the amount of Christmas I enjoyed this season. I watched plenty of Christmas episodes from my favorite sitcoms, I listened to Christmas music all day, I watched five different versions of A Christmas Carol, I read a bunch of Christmas short stories - XMASTIME, a year ago

Iceland, apparently a country somewhere, has a rather strange Christmas tradition: reading books:

While family traditions vary from household to household, most Icelanders unwrap a book on December 24. Some people get a book for every member of their family, while others do a swap exchange where everyone brings one title and everyone gets to pick one from the pile. After the exchange, many people cozy up with their new volume and get reading, preferably in bed and with chocolate.

I'm reading Bleak House right now which kind of counts as Christmas-y only because it's Dickens, but I haven't really read anything Christmas-y this year. Or watched any movies. Hell, I've barely listened to any Christmas music this year. Wtf, "XMASTIME"?!?!?!?  😡😡😡😡

No comments: