Wednesday, January 05, 2022

From the Mouths of Children

The other day my goddaughter and her sister mentioned how much I reminded them of John Candy from Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Of course they didn’t know the name John Candy, but it was pretty obvious which of the two main characters they were referring to. Then they made it clear they were about to tell me exactly WHY I reminded them of John Candy’s character. I’m pretty impervious to whatever kids say about me or anything else, I’ll usually just make fun of whatever they’re saying, but I found myself bracing for an inevitable “he’s fat like you!” comment. They wouldn’t mean it viciously at all, it’d be full of innocence in a lovable Santa Claus way, but I still wasn’t really looking forward to it.

Instead I heard “just like you he’s always happy, funny, trying to have some fun no matter how bad things are, he’s really positive and just wants the best for everybody!”

And it’s made my week so far. 2022 is gonna be pretty great, everybody. 🤗👍🕺

No comments: