Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Everybody Has a Poison Heart

Poison Heart, which came on the next, inexplicably worse album might be a better song, but "believe in miracles, 'cause I'm one" from I Believe in Miracles is an all-time line that rates with "chewin' out a rhythm on my bubblegum." Awesome. - XMASTIME

Just a day after having pointed out what great lyricist - ugh, I hate that word - The Ramones were for the second time in three days, I was surprised to see Poison Heart in their top 5 streaming songs. 1992's very terrible Mondo Bizzaro was long after what anyone would call their prime, and Dee Dee had left the band three years earlier. But I guess it only proves my point, that so late in their career Dee Dee could write a song so gut-wrenching & great. Full disclosure, I did blow this up when it came out during my college dj days. Enjoy!

No comments: