Sunday, July 30, 2023

Viva lá Tandy!!!!

Just as often as I'm reminded of how much I love The Grinder, I'm reminded of how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE Williamsburg Brooklyn's own Tandy's second record Some Summer's Day from 1998. 

Via 2008:

I’d put the first half of this record up against any record on the planet. One night I was at the Halloween bar and Mike, the singer/songwriter, was there and I told him how much I loved Some Summer’s Day. “Hold on” he said, then left the bar. Hmm, I remember thinking, he just left me and walked out of the bar – is he a woman I'd like to sleep with? A few minutes later he came back. He had gone to his apartment to get me an advance copy of the next album, along with a whole packet of press/media stuff. A super-nice dude. Not so nice was the girl later that night who, after making out with me all night, used the ol’ “I’m leaving for rehab in a few hours” line to get out of going home with me. Grrrr.

GET THEE OVER TO SPOTIFY NOW AND LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!!!! 🤗🤗🤗🤗

No comments: