Friday, September 29, 2023

Life & How to Live It

I don't have children so I don't necessarily have an instinct towards the need of keeping the human race on Planet Earth going. I'd say I only care about the Earth continuing for as long as the last person I ever meet who I care about lives; after that, dafuck do I care? So if I make it to 80 (HA!) and have a 10 year-old great-nephew or something who also lives to 80, that means that as of 2122 I no longer have a vested interest in whether or not the Earth collapses into the Sun. I'll even extend that one more link, so if my great-nephew has the same connection I'll concede giving a shit until 2192 but really, that's all I can really commit to right now.

But I'd add all that to the list in the chart on the right (thank you Laurie Anderson at the Hirschorn!).

No comments: