Friday, October 20, 2023

Fab Four Friyay! Footnotes Edition

I'm fascinated by uber-footnotes in history; either in pictures (ie. who's the woman in the picture they always show kneeling over the body at Kent State?) or otherwise (Raymond Jones walking into the NEMS shop and asking Brian Epstein for the "My Bonnie" single, which made Epstein curious about The Beatles) Who are these people? Has anyone ever interviewed them? That should be a whole book, interviews with these footnote people. - MORE XMASTIME FOOTNOTES HERE

John Lennon, from his famous 1980 Playboy interview:

I sat in a restaurant in Spain and the violinist insisted on playing Yesterday right in my ear. Then he asked me to sign the violin. I didn’t know what to say so I said, ‘OK,’ and I signed it, and Yoko signed it. One day he’s going to find out that Paul wrote it. But I guess he couldn’t have gone from table to table playing I Am The Walrus.
Who was this violin player? Is he still alive? Did he ever realize or even care that Yesterday was Paul's song? How much is that violin worth now?? 💰💰💰💰 ?!?????

And fuck it I Am the Walrus is one of the greatest things The Beatles even did so let's hear it! 🤗

No comments: