Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Help, I'm Stepping Into The Twilight Zone: Episode 5

I've been looking for something to thrill me a little for this Halloween October month and it occurred to me that an item on a list of things I wanna do a deep dive on is The Twilight Zone; I think I've somehow managed to make it to 51 years old without actually sitting down and watching an entire episode. So I will now spend the rest of the month watching one per day one whenever I remember to think about it, just for you people - you're welcome!

SEASON 1 EPISODE 5
Walking Distance

10/30/1959

XMASTIME REVIEW: another zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I mean none of this thing made any goddam sense but not in a good way

MOST INTERESTING THING ABOUT IT: I wanna say Ron Howard being in it but let's be honest the main actor pulled a murder/suicide with his wife so that's pretty tough to beat 🤷‍♂️

WEIRDEST THING IN HISTORY THAT HAPPENED ON THE DAY THIS EPISODE AIRED: the crash of Piedmont Airlines Flight 349 yikes okay that's a grim finish to this whole series. On a side note I'm bummed I didn't watch this last night so it'd sync up to exactly 64 years later to the day oh well 🤷‍♂️

I guess that's it for The Twilight Zone for me for now; other than the cool black & white film and spotting actors who would go on to greatness, it was a big snooze. But it's such a huge part of popular culture for some reason that after even such an admittedly small sample I wonder if there's a reason that whenever anyone talks about the show they pretty much talk about the same few episodes over & over? Which would be remarkable since it would make it the exact same situation as one of my previous October series, Edgar Allan Poe short stories... 🤔🤷‍♂️

No comments: