Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Brooklyn @ 25 (belated)

When I moved to New York City I had $7, which I immediately spent at White Castle. Then I spent weeks going from door to door asking for a job, with those roasted peanut carts wringing my goddam guts out block by goddam block... - READ MORE


TOPPS GROCERY STORE

89 N 6th St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Wythe Ave & Berry St
Williamsburg - North Side


The first week I moved into my loft in Brooklyn in 1998 I walked into Topps and saw something astonishing: 21 hot dogs for $5. "THIS IS THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD!!" I yelled out loud in the store.

Needless to say, by the next morning I found out why they were 21 dogs for $5.

Topps went on to be my "grocery store" of choice. It was just one of those places I went in & out of 1,000 times over the years, was just always a part of things, and here's a few memories. 🤗🕺
My man COREY!!

An insane conversation

Frustration with Topps!
 

No comments: