Monday, January 15, 2024

MLK Day

NOTE: THIS HAS BEEN REPOSTED OVER THE YEARS

Thirteen Twenty-eight years ago today I showed up for my first day at a brand new job - got outta my car, walked up to the door...locked. Oh well, I thought, it's 7:45am, I'm early. Then 8:00 came and went, then 8:15. At this point I'm annoyed, where the fuck are these motherscratchers? The it hit me...ooooooooh yeah, it's MLK's birthday! My boss must've not realized it the previous week, obviously he MEANT I'd start on Tuesday, them being closed on Monday.

As I was about to get back into my car to go home for the day, BEEP! BEEP! my boss came rolling into the parking lot. Of COURSE we were open - I was in Mississippi!

SOME XMASTIME MEMORY LANE ABOUT MY SIR SPEEDY DAYS, WHICH WERE ALL REALLY GREAT 🤗


No comments: