Monday, October 14, 2024

Another Beatles Doc? YAAASSSSSSS PLEEEEEEEASE!

Martin Scorcese has a documentary about The Beatles all set to come out in November?!?!?!?!

The film features never-before-seen footage by documentarians Albert and David Maysles and will focus on the band’s first trip to the United States in February 1964, when they appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show and performed at the Washington Coliseum.

I'm hoping it's a little better than Scorcese's 2011 4-hour documentary on George Harrison:

Finally, the film really never investigates the real mystery of Harrison: What was he so morose about? Harrison always had a sense of the aggrieved about him. I just don't know what the source of it was. In Harrison's mini-autobiography at the front of I Me Mine, the unasked-for collection of his song lyrics, he seems mostly unhappy about … the travel indignities he suffered during the Beatles years.

Weird that I can't seem to find the running length for this, and while my instinct is to roll my eyes at the possibility that there's still unseen Beatles footage out there I was pleasantly surprised by some of Ron Howard's Eight Days a Week, so. 🤷‍♂️ 

No comments: