Of course I’ve always known that piano legend Nicky Hopkins played on The Beatles’ Revolution but it’s only now occurred to me to ask WHY he did:
1) Paul McCartney was a great piano player
2) The Beatles were particularly persnickety about other people playing on their songs
3) Eric Clapton finally kind of broke the seal on that with While My Guitar Gently Weeps but while everybody agrees his playing was magnificent we also all agree his appearance was scandalous
And then instead of just asking ChatGPT so I’d instantly have the answer, I thought of a book about The Beatles' recordings I’ve loved for more than 30 years & decided I’d look up the answer there and then rather smugly post a photo about it with some sort of “checked in with an old friend ❤️📕 #allbooksmatter” message I'd be pretty pleased with myself about but it didn’t have the answer so I looked in about eight other Beatles books and anyway here’s the answer.

No comments:
Post a Comment