Monday, February 18, 2008

A Movie I Love That Drives Me Crazy


















I guess the reason I'm obsessed with the movie Beautiful Girls is it has at least 3 things I love:

- Uma Thurman
- A snowy city near the east coast (big town, even better. but small town, fuck that. and there is a difference)
- A bar that's quiet, that you can hang out with your friends in and talk without having to scream. A bar that's never so full you find yourself standing up with your beer in your hand like Suzy Creamcheese at her first mixer.

Throw in a pre-fetal Natalie Portman and a theme song I don't hate, and there ya go. (replaying OnDemand as we speak.) Cringe-worthy dialogue and all.

Now Empire Records; THAT'S a movie that needs to be put down like a horse with three broken legs. Unredeemable.

No comments: