Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Obama Speech III

My favorite bit was prolly
In the midst of civil war, we laid railroad tracks from one coast to another that spurred commerce and industry. From the turmoil of the Industrial Revolution came a system of public high schools that prepared our citizens for a new age. In the wake of war and depression, the GI Bill sent a generation to college and created the largest middle-class in history.

Obviously picked from my own "from calamity comes greatness" policy, as per my own TITS UP policy as well.

His passage also indirectly touches on something like the WPA; as in we have a bunch of people who need jobs, and we got a bunch of shit that needs fixing, we might as well mix the two. But not once did Obama mention my having blocked an extra point at Lancaster, which can only lead us to assume he is a racist. And that makes me sad :(

No comments: