Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Xmastime Notes

Oxford, MS 1995 
From a collection of demos I sent on a cassette to my friend

Fall in Love Again
Ah, a real rarity. The last song tried for Take My Teenage Head. James Renard said he could only play for another ten minutes, so I tried to cram in this song. But then he left. It's the only outtake from that session that can go down as "unrecorded." Influenced musically by Chartered Trips off of Zen Arcade. Influenced lyrically by the fact that I'm a fucking idiot.

I said to her on the phone will you come away with me?
But she was busy living fast and wanted to be free

So I packed up my whole life in the trunk of my car
When you're holding up both hands at once
You know you won't go far  (repeat C-G)

So I picked her up and tried to do it all myself
I know she didn't love me, and I know it didn't help
So I started to shake and yell and I grabbed at her hand
She just yelled at me, she wouldn't take my hand
And said "don't you understand?"

You're wasting your time when what you love don't love you back
And I see that now, and now I'm coming back
But sometimes I think about her and about what might have been
And I put her picture up beside my hope and I'll
Fall in love again
I'll fall in love again 
I'll fall in love again 
I'll fall in love again 
I'll fall in love again   

 

No comments: