Monday, March 29, 2010

Choices

A Hamburger Today asks the question who should choose your toppings, you or the chef?

First of all, there's no way in fuck I'm letting anyone tell me what I can or can't put on a burger or hot dog. But I don't mind Peter Luger's telling me not to put shit on my porterhouse. I guess part of it has to do with whether or not I think the joint has some sort of singularly amazing thing for which everybody comes in for in the first place. If Kam Sing tells me not to add shit to their cream of sum yung guy, I don't.

It also, to me, has to do with money. As my bff Gordon Ramsay once said, rich people like to be told what to eat. If they don't like it they can just try it another way, or something else altogether, something people without money can't really do.

No comments: