Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Lottery

I remember talking to a guy a few years back who claimed that not only had his father once won a million dollars in the lottery, but had "figured it out."

"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Ooh," he self-assuredly nodded, "he knows how to win it whenever he wants."
"The lottery?"
"That's right."
"Then...why doesn't he win all the time?"
"Hmmm," he gave me that oh, you know why, don't you? look. To this day, I have no idea what the fuck he was talking about.

THIS GUY HERE might have come close to cracking the code. Turns out the lottery might not be as "random" as we think (or, I should say, scratch tickets.) 

A great HBO documentary to watch is Lucky, which I mentioned HERE (along with a lottery simulator and some clever Mike & the Mad Dog memories.)

Hey, look - it's Shirley Jackson!!  (Miss Jackson if you're nasty)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is a good lottery simulator that will spoil anyone's dream of winning the lottery http://justwebware.com/notalot/notalot.html