Thursday, July 07, 2011

Cell BS

I just used the word "high" in a text, which is aggravating since all four letters are on the same number, making it feel like dialing "0" or "9" on a rotary phone, but it made me think of this fucking gem:
I have a suspicion that "igh" making the hard "i" sound would never had happened if texting on cell phones was around back when they came up with that shit, right? How fucking aggravating is that shit - one of the most used groups of letters we have, and all three are on the same number. Slows everything down. My thumb going round the keypad in a blinding flurry, knocking out whole words in seconds and then I...pause, wait for cursor to move...g...pause, wait for cursor to move...h...gotta go find phone I just threw into the street...fuuuuuuck!  Luckily of course this is sometimes overshadowed by the fact that for some reason to use the number 1 or 0 I have to go through about 15 fucking symbols for each goddam one. 1 and 0, the most fundamental and primary of all numbers, and I gotta get fucking carpel tunnel to type the number 10.
Ah, 2008...tell me again why W couldn't run for another term? Those were the days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well you could get a phone with a regular keyboard, Grampa, and uh...what the heck is a rotary phone?