Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bachmann Can't Even Lie Well

Michele Bachmann is promising the $2 gallon of gas if she's made president, which is immediately rebuked as being nonsense.

I'm not surprised she's making such a claim, as this is catnip for her followers, but I wonder why she stopped at $2.  Why not say $1?  I mean, you're crafting noxiously bullshit fantastic lies, why even bother trying to look even slightly reasonable?  Why not say hey, you'll make gas FREE??!!

This is exactly what I wondered about Grandpa Oldfuck during the 2008 election:
Obviously the blatant, barely-pretending-to-hide-it lying by McCain is out of control. And, because the American voters are so fucking stupid, the shit works. My question is, why stop with the lies he's already propagated thus far? Why doesn't McCain go all the way - why not tell us that if we vote for him, he'll give us $100,000 each? Why not tell us that if they win, Palin will come blow in your ear for 20 minutes?

No comments: