Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Football Video Games

CNNSI HERE goes through the evolution of the football video game, all of which until about 15-20 years ago were terrible; now, from what I can tell, they're TOO realistic, taking away the charm of the earlier games.  But I never had any video games when I was a kid, and I surely didn't start playing them as an adult since, as we know, that makes you a fag.  But I do remember wasting tons of hours in college playing Tecmo Bowl, featuring the impossible to tackle Nigerian Nightmare.  I wasn't any good and rarely played attention to the actual playing, but it was a great excuse to sit around drinking The Beast and talking shit, which you know for damn sure I was good at.

But seriously, this fucking thing was beyond inane; to this day nobody can explain to me how the hell you play.  A friend of mine had one when we were kids, and as far as I could tell you simply kept moving the blip to the right until it told you you'd scored, all without knowing where the hell you were, or where anybody else was.  Ugh.  (though I did love me some River Raid in the playroom, wink wink)

2 comments:

The Gnat said...

You move your blip (the bright one) between and around, not into, the other blips. Pretty damn simple. You played high school football, right?

Football Jerseys said...

There are lots of football strategy games available in various different formats some require you to watch the live football games on the television others have a mixture of cards, dice and boards. Some require a mixture of skill and luck of the dice to get the right results others need good use of the cards which you get and how you use them. Thanks a lot.