Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Listz

I just stumbled upon this list for some reason, and remembered I'd posted about it years ago (of course) - Xmastime


TIME Magazine has released it's list of "The 50 Worst Inventions" HERE.

Umm...I don't wanna come off as a stick in the mud here, but it's hard to really give such a list any cred if "whacky anthropomorphic papar clip that helps you with Microsoft Office" or "re-configured soft drink" or "moving vehicle for people too lazy and rich to pedal" make the list ahead of "an herbicide and defoliant used by the U.S. military  during the Vietnam War resulting in 400,000 deaths and disabilities, and 500,000 children born with birth defects," isn't it?

I mean, really? Wtf?

And even if we say well, there's no real ORDER to the list, shouldn't these things be on COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LISTS??!?!?  I mean, talk about a game of "which one doesn't belong," right?

Clippy, New Coke, and Crocs should be on one list; Agent Orange, slavery and Holocaust on another, right? Wtf?

ALSO.

Seriously? The car alarm isn't on the list? How shitty is this fucking list? Haven't we already been over this?
4) Car Alarms. Like everyone else I wanna jump off a bridge whenever one of these things go off, but they are fun to think about when you consider has there been a single piece of widespread technology developed over the last 15 years that is as completely worthless as these things? What are the numbers on how many cars have been “saved” because of these things? Number of Times I’ve Seen/Heard One of These Things Going Off: 22,943 Number of Times I Have Ever Seen Anyone React in Such a Way So as to Stop a Crime: 0. You never hear one of these go off, and then see some dude sprinting down the hallway “My car! Someone’s breaking in, I can hear it!! I’ll kill him!!!!” It’s always car alarm goes off, and you see some guy “...and so, summarize, I-...oh crap. Is that mine? Is that me? Jimbo, that your car or mine? Mine? You sure? Crap. I gotta go down and turn it off. Dammit!”

No comments: