Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ribz.

Some jerkoff HERE claims to have a list of the best ribs in the US. I of course invalidate this bullshit list because it doesn't include THE greatest ribs on the planet, The Rendezvous in Memphis.

Tho mentioning Memphis dos, of course, remind me of a great night:
When I was living in Oxford we went to BB King's restaurant up in Memphis, and when I looked at the menu I saw a section titled "Samitches." While I'm sure I'd used that for "sandwiches" in conversation before, I'd never actually seen it in print and got a tremendous kick out of it, repeatedly laughing about it as the pitchers of what I'm sure was crappy Michalob Lite kept coming and coming. Finally the band goes onstage, and the front man shouts out "What d'yall want?" The response was supposed to be "the blues!", but before everyone could shout that I yelled "samitches!", which cracked up the old, fat black ladies a few tables away. "Get that white boy over here!" they yelled, and I spent the next two hours eating and drinking all I could for free, with everything I said totally cracking them up. It was awesome.
 And I do love the ribs 'n shit at Brothatime!!'s annual fall-fest.

No comments: