Thursday, October 03, 2013

Flashback to the Aughts

I haven't seen it since it aired, so I was pleased to stumble upon Frontier House, the old PBS reality show. Yes, from one of the first ever Things Are Good series from back in the original Xmastime days (ie back when I was funny):
3) I’m watching “Frontier House” last night, the show where it sticks modern families into 1880s Montana. Struggle to survive, build a cabin yada yada. Then they all hafta go get supplies, and we’re greeted by the grocer, a Korean named…I can’t remember. We’ll call him Sang. Sang tells us that about 15% of Montana was Asians, and they, you know, set up laundry business and small grocery stores. What? Did I hear correctly? Why not just send up a black guy to say that in 1880 Montana the blacks, you know, sold crack and ran hip-hop labels out of their mother’s basements. Unreal. Oh, PBS, you!!!

No comments: