Monday, November 18, 2013

Words of Love

A coupla years ago HERE I remarked how amazing the version of Words of Love The Beatles recorded for Beatles for Sale was. Now here's a live version from their just-released Live at the BBC, Vol II.

I haven't gotten it yet, but based on this it's surely (shocker!) amazing. I remember getting Vol 1. right before going on Spring Break senior year and driving everybody nuts by playing it over and over on the entire ride down to Florida.

Ah, Spring Break. Sigh.
LOVE BARGE – Big Dipper
Super-slice. Period. Just occurred to me, is this band named after Wilt Chamberlain? Wasn’t that one of his nicknames? Interestingly enough, Wilt and I do have one thing in common. He famously slept with 20,000 women, and I famously pissed the mattress at Spring Break ’95, after which while we were out the maid put the mattress outside our door to “air out”, ensuring that every single hot, horny chick down in Fla for some cheap, anonymous fucking would know who Piss-Boy was and make sure he would spend the night in his room, alone, watching the NBA playoffs instead of hittin some skins. Jesus, where does Wilt stop and I begin? Bizarre.
Video via HERE.

No comments: