Thursday, December 24, 2020

Beatles Questions

This morning I was listening to a Beatles podcast asking the following questions about The Beatles, and since you asked I thought I'd share my own answers with you. You're welcome, Earth!

Which is your favorite side 1/track 1? I Saw Her Standing There (there are other leadoff songs that may be better actual songs, but nothing matches this one for 1) kicking off a great band's entire career 2) Paul's "one chew free FOW!")

What is your favorite that has a first name in the title? Dear Prudence

Which have you gone back and forth on? Taxman (I've never loved the song, it's okay, but it's come to my attention more lately because my 15 year-old nephew is curiously obsessed with the horrifying idea of taxes)

Which would you pick to see the Beatles perform live if you could only pick one? I'd love to hear the live call-and-response of It Won't Be Long; as for later-year songs I'd kill to see John and Paul share a mic while singing the beautiful Two of Us.

Which is the best one to dance to? Don't really care.

Incredibly, this is an actual photo of John & Paul writing I Saw Her Standing There, taken by Paul's brother Mike.

 


No comments: