Saturday, June 26, 2021

It IS Easy Bein' Cheesy

2011 was the year I finally gave up trying to be fancy and accepted that the best cheese for a cheeseburger was good ol' American cheese.  Who did I think I was impressing with Cheddar? Who the fuck did I think I was all those years, a Kennedy? - XMASTIME

THESE IDIOTS HERE took hours testing different cheeses to determine which kind is the best for a cheeseburger and still managed to get it wrong, with American coming in at #3 behind Brie and Mozzarella. I mean, come the fuck on people. American is the best: it is what it is, just accept it. Don't try to be better than you are.

Though this tidbit is interesting - while I've always known about the burger *supposedly* being invented at Louis Lunch in New Haven - which I famously dissed back in 2009 - somehow it'd never occurred to me to wonder where the first "cheeseburger" appeared:

It was in 1934 that the term "cheeseburger" was first coined, on the menu at Kaelin's restaurant in Louisville, Kentucky. They topped a patty with American cheese in the hopes of adding a "new tang to the hamburger," and this now-classic staple would soon appear everywhere from diners to backyards, all across the U.S.

No comments: