Wednesday, October 06, 2021

I Give Up. Again.

I’ve given up hating on the Foo Fighters' brand of colorless dull af arena rock and have succumbed to the plain and simple fact that Dave Grohl really is the nicest guy on the planet - XMASTIME

Mere months after finally admitting defeat vs. Grohl - though to be clear, the Foo Fighters' music still suuuuuuucks - I find out I hafta like him even more: an excerpt from his book reveals his love of County Kerry:

Kurt Cobain’s 1994 suicide devastated Grohl. He fled to Ireland, where he and his mother had holidayed prior to Nirvana headlining Reading in 1992. “I travelled to a corner of the earth that I have always adored: a place of serenity and natural beauty where I hoped to find some healing from my broken life at home: the Ring of Kerry.”

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “can't you find a way to turn this little bit of niceness into being all about YOU?"
 
Heh heh heh, can I find a way to turn this little bit of niceness into being all about me OF COURSE I CAN FIND A WAY TO TURN THIS LITTLE BIT OF NICENESS INTO BEING ALL ABOUT ME!!! 
 
"Come on back anytime, hippy boy! 
Oh, and bring your drumsticks....no reason!"

No comments: