Monday, September 18, 2023

Our Band Could Be Your Life

Me back in 2009
on the miracle that is Our Band Could Be Your Life:

When I was a kid and worshipped my favorite bands - the ones that were never on the radio, that I had to ask the record store when the tapes could be ordered - there's no way you could've convinced me that one day there would be a book about them; back then if you found some snippet in some shitty rock rag about The Replacements or Husker Du or even REM (hard to believe now, I know), you'd fucking cherish it.

I read that fucker so many times back in the day that if I was blind I'd have no fingerprints left.

Meanwhile, because it's the Year of Our Internet 2023, on a whim I asked Spotify "Spotify, is there an existing  playlist to go along with Our Band Could Be Your Life?" and of course the resounding answer is, and always is, yes!

No comments: