Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Opening Credit Thoughts. I Have Them.

It's an entertaining show and it's wildly watchable but I seem to spend my entire time watching The Morning Show yelling at my laptop while my eyes roll out of my head, tho I do love love love the Saul Bass-inspired opening credits.

Which begs the question: with the SKIP INTRO option for streaming services, isn't this the time for opening credits to really make the leap to become special pieces of art? Opening credits in the 70s & 80s etc worked really hard but in most cases were incredibly cheesy. But since someone's now going to just click a button to never see a second of the opening sequence OR take the time to purposefully watch the entire thing, why not put in the $$$ and effort to make them truly great works of art themselves? Emmy awards, superstar artists, the whole shebang? 🤔🤷‍♂️

No comments: