Wednesday, June 08, 2011

WILLIAMSBURG FOODTOWN, US FUCKING A!!!!!!!!!!!

With apologies to Corey, and ONLY Corey!!!, I must say "goodbye and fuck you!" to Topps forever (although I will miss the spot where the single most confusing exchange since Who's On First occurred.)  Foodtown is two blocks from my house and, unlike Topps, isn't unaffordable to people who don't play in the goddam NBA.  It's got awesome prepared meals for $4.99 (huge chicken parm I couldn't even finish today...although curiously, every pasta meal comes with mashed potatoes...like sex and not paying for sex I've never seen the two combined, but fuck it) and a deli/charcuterie/I have no idea if that's the right word but I know you feel me, and the decor isn't the same as Topps' "could be worse, you could be dead - oh what's that you say, now you wish you WERE dead? Wait'll you see our prices!" vibe.  It's 3-pack of microwave popcorn (haven't tried yet, let's see how it stacks up tomorrowish) puts it over the top.  And, unlike Topps, it doesn't have the working schedule of a fucking fifth-year college senior.

THREE XMAS THUMBS (heh heh heh) UP!

SIDE NOTE: one curious thing is that no matter how many people I see walking throughout the store, there's never anyone in line when I go to pay.  It's creepy; it's like people wandering around a used car lot.  Or Tupelo, through which I'd drive and see 100,000 cars parked, but not a single human being.  Hmm.

No comments: