Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Today's Nangulance

Nangulance: n. the minor turbulances of life that, while small and nebulous, can collect to make your head explode.

Most morning I walk to work, but if I’m running a lil late I hop on the train, as it shaves 10 minutes off my commute. And of course the later I’m running, the more involved in the process the person ahead of me at the Metrocard machine is. FUUUUUUUCK!! I grab a Singleride card; I can have my whole transaction done in literally 8 seconds. StartSinglerideCashInsert$2Receipt?No boom, I’m off. But of course I always get stuck behind either the non-English speaking Chinaman staring at what he thinks is Galaga or the dude who’s trying to put a dollar on his Metrocard using a two-party out-of-state paycheck voucher. The ratio to how slow this person is to my lateness is without fail, just like the lotto-buying grey panthers and coffee douches here.

Past Nangulance Winners here and here.

No comments: