Friday, January 22, 2010

McGwire is an Ass

A while back HERE I wondered why the fuck anybody would want a .263 hitter to be their team's hitting coach:
Now, part of being a "hitting" coach would, I assume, entail teaching other players how to "hit" the ball. So not only would I not want him in the Hall of Fame, but someone needs to explain to me why I'd want a lifetime .263 hitter who had only 30 fewer strikeouts than his 1,626 hits teaching me how to hit a baseball. I mean, what the fuck? Yes, if I want some juiced-up lumberjack who can cry on cue to teach me how to hit the ball outta the park and absolutely nothing else, he's my guy. Otherwise, you gotta be kidding me.
Turns out a certain SOMEONE with the name "Busch" has been reading me, and has paid me back for the 884,000 Budweisers I've drunk by agreeing with me:
McGuire has chosen to come out of the closet at the perfect time -- Alongside a manager who also refuses to be honest, to the fans or to the game itself. After all, why would Tony La Russa hire a hitting coach whose lifetime batting average was only .263?
Yes, this means not only am I smarter than you, but...what was I talking about?  burp (facedown under bed naked with Country Crock all over my body.) 

No comments: