Friday, October 29, 2021

Freaky! Plus, KISS Is a Terrible Band

Stumbled upon this little factoid just now:

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “don't you have a freaky-deaky story about this very moment?"

Sigh. Yes I do, faithful readers, YES I do:

When I was a kid, the country store down the road sold KISS bubblegum cards, which I’d snatch up anytime I got a quarter. I can still picture myself walking down the road after buying a pack and flipping one of the cards over to read that ABC was airing “KISS and the Phantom of the Park”…ON THAT VERY NIGHT!!! Of course, even at age 7 as I was watching I was like “boy…this is terrible…unwatchable even…what’s Neil Diamond doing here?”

"But Xmastime", you say in the voice of Craig “Ironhead” Heyward from those soap commercials (RIP), “don't you have yet ANOTHER freaky-deaky story similar to that one?"

Sigh. Yes I do, faithful readers, YES I do: 

...when I was a kid and was reading A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court and the narrator announced the date, which was the very day I was reading the book (for some reason I think it was June 22...I could be wrong, but that's stuck in my head). 

Indeed, Mr. Lawrence, INdeed!

No comments: