Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Torture

When talking about why we shouldn't be torturing people, it's easy to understand how things like "moral high ground" and "international law" can lead to eye-rolling "you're a faggot hippy" responses. People are people. So maybe it's better to wonder what's happening to Roxana Saberi right now. Yeah, I'm sure being in an Iranian prison was no fun before; can you imagine how much fun it is after we decided to lead the league in torture?

If you don't wanna wrap your head around how immoral torture is, or how useless and ineffective it is then maybe, as I first mentioned HERE, some reflection on if it's YOUR kid having his balls chewed by dogs might be easier to process.

Sometimes the Golden Rule starts with "what shit do I NOT want to happen to me?"

Oh yeah - anyone who's not too worried about Saberi cause she doesn't look like you and me, ie "real Americans"? Well, she was Miss North Dakota in 1997. Yes, unlike my girlfriend in Alaska, she actually WON her state.

No comments: